- January 28, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Have you heard the buzz about the WELL Building Standard™? Come learn first-hand from Sara Greenwood, WELL-Faculty, about the building standard which is gaining growing attention globally. The WELL Building Standard is the premier standard for buildings, interior spaces and communities seeking to advance human health and wellness that is based on science and performance tested. Now more than ever, building owners, operators and occupants are concerned with the impact a building can have on human health. Designers are putting their attention to strategies that address this. In this 1-hour presentation, Ms. Greenwood will provide an overview of the standard include case examples on the Light Concept. You will have a deeper understanding of ways in which you may apply this healthy building standard.
- Course: The WELL Building Standard, a Path to Health and Wellbeing
- Speaker: Sara Greenwood, LEED-AP BD+C, LEED Fellow, WELL AP, WELL Faculty + GGP
- Date: Thursday, January 28th, 2021
- Time: Noon – 1:00 pm CST
- Location: Zoom Web Meeting
- Cost: No Charge
- Credit: 1.0 PDH/ 1.0 LEU for NCQLP
- To provide an overview of the WELL Building Standard.
- To explain the benefits of designing healthy work and living environments.
- To identify strategies for achieving healthy building performance.
- Provide case examples of WELL Certified buildings or offices.
Sara Greenwood is a sustainability consultant with over 16 years of experience. In 2012, she founded The Greenwood Consulting Group based in Kansas City. Her expertise and insight into emerging green building practices and technologies provide a unique perspective for clients pursuing green building certification and sustainable business initiatives. Her demonstrated experience in sustainable program development and management helps to guide project teams through a strategic planning, documentation, and certification processes. Ms. Greenwood has managed the green building certification for over 15-million square feet of projects. She has supported the US Green Building Council to inform updates to the last two versions of the LEED rating system, participated on the LEED Steering Committee, and served as one of a few LEED project reviewers for GBCI. Ms. Greenwood currently serves on the LEED Advisory Committee. She also has demonstrated experience with other green building certification programs including Green Globes, WELL Building Standard, ENERGY STAR, and the Collaborative for High Performance Schools.